Scott Linn teaches at all levels. Example courses include Energy Corporate Finance and Corporate Risk Management.
His research has been published in the leading journals in the area and he has received external funding from for instance the U.S. Department of Energy. He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Futures Markets, the Journal of Banking and Finance and the International Review of Economics and Finance.
Professor Linn has served as consultant in the Office of the Chief Economist of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and held administrative positions both in Price College as well as professional associations.
- Ph.D. Purdue University(Finance, Econometrics)
- M.S. Rutgers University (Operations Research)
- M.B.A Northeastern University (Business Administration)
- B.B.A. Stetson University (Economics, Finance)
- External funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Appointed the William Evans Visiting Fellow at the University of Otago (N.Z.), as the Byrnes Guest Lecturer at the University of Montana and was the keynote speaker at the 17th New Zealand Finance Colloquium, as well as visiting professor in the department of accounting and finance of the University of Strathclyde (U.K.).